Friday, December 19, 2008

Let's hear it for the boy!


That's the boy, Max Henry Leavitt Tamarkin, being  a STAR as Charlie Brown in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown.  The theater company, run by the incredibly talented Chase Leyner (sister of Mark Leyner), requires auditions or invitations, and it has a great stage, reasonable prices, and cupcakes (!) at intermission. It was a packed house, front row center seats and I think the most amazing moment was towards the end when Max had his big show-stopper of a number, singing as he came onto the stage,  the last one out to be applauded.  (His dream was to finally get to be the last one applauded.) He looked almost overwhelmed with joy and astonishment, which of course, made me cry.

3 comments:

Clea Simon said...

YAY FOR MAX!!

Pictures please?

Jeff Lyons said...

C:

Ok... he looks more like prince valiant... but so what. :)

More Pix!!!

regina said...

OK, so the world is a very very tiny place indeed: you and I seem to have a mutual friend. My son Noah was Charlie in the other cast, and my dear friend Cari wrote me from Portland and said something along the lines of "I saw on Facebook that Noah is playing Charlie Brown. Someone I recently met lives in Hoboken and her son is playing Charlie Brown too. Different companies? Rotating casts? I've been meaning to introduce you two if you don't already know one another."

Then I get on your blog to check it out and see a comment from Clea, whom I used to deal with when she was writing about music. Crazy, crazy. It seems to me we SHOULD know one another.