Saturday, December 13, 2008

And the title is...

I am falling in love with the title Keep me Awake, which is from an old jive song that has the line "keep me awake so I can memorize you." The title was a fabulous gift from a writer friend.  How fabulous is that?  Titles are hard for me.  For the longest time, the novel that is coming out was called Traveling Angels, which I loved, right up until Algonquin told me it wasn't strong enough, but I love and trust them, and they suggested Breathe, which seems exactly perfect to me.  

This new novel, though, is about memory and reality and guilt and love--that's all I can say about it right now because it's still in its babyhood. So right now, right here, life is brimming and happy, and we are off to a wedding--and even better, I can fit into my wedding dress--which is blue/black velvet!  (I was never an ordinary bride!)

2 comments:

Clea Simon said...

OH MY GOD! I kid you not, I just heard this song on a college radio R&B song!! REALLY! It's a sign!

Susan said...

I love that title.