Friday, December 10, 2010

Dawn Tripp Talks about writing, self-doubt and faith



































As readers of this blog know, I often have long, lengthy conversations about writing with the incredible writer Dawn Tripp. (Her new novel, Game of Secrets, coming from Random House, is one of the most exquisitely written novels I have read. There is the lovely cover posted here.)

Recently she wrote this amazing piece for Psychology Today, about faith, self-doubt and the way writers work, that I wanted to include here.

1 comment:

drew said...

Great column.

Caroline, thanks for sharing.

This part especially rings true:

"I go to my work every day-not because I always feel moved by some god-like rush of inspiration, but because I have learned that showing up is at least half of what this particular line of work demands."