Monday, November 14, 2011

Pictures of You on Kirkus Best Books of 2011 List!

I am sitting here unable to work because I'm too excited. My novel Pictures of You was just chosen for the Kirkus Best Books of 2011 List! What is so astonishing to me is that from the moment I went with Algonquin, my whole life changed. I went from someone with meager sales to being a NYT bestseller, a Costco Pennie's Pick, a San Francisco Lit Pick, a Best Book of the year from Bookmarks Magazine, Bookpage AND Kirkus--and I think it really goes to show that you cannot give up.  You cannot ever give up. You never know what miracles are out there.

1 comment:

Renee Thompson said...

Caroline, I'm truly delighted for you -- this is wonderful news! And you're right about Algonquin. I have a friend who is also with them, and I told him once that he was one lucky son-of-a-gun. He agreed, adding, "And it only took me six books to get here." So, yes. Never, ever give up.