Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Why is America so obsessed with breasts? Leslie Lehr offers up an excerpt from her new book BOOBS: HOW AMERICA'S OBSESSION SHAPED ME AND YOU. Read an excerpt right here!


When it came to having breasts, I was late to the party. While everyone in sixth grade was happily (don't ask me why) getting their bra straps snapped by boys, I was cringing in an undershirt. I didn't get my very first bra until I was in 8th grade and then it had the odious name of "training bra." Sometimes it was called a "Gro Bra," which seemed even worse. The one I bought was a size 32AAAA, a thin little piece of stretch fabric. And of course, I loved it. 


This is part of why I adored Leslie Lehr's new book A Boob's Life; How America's Obsession Shaped Me..and You.

From her prize-winning fiction to her viral New York Times Modern Love essay, exploring the challenges facing contemporary women has been Leslie Lehr's passion. In A Boob's Life: How America's Obsession Shaped Me... and You, Lehr's first project since breast cancer treatment, she continues this mission, taking readers on a wildly informative, deeply personal, and utterly relatable journey. With raves from Publisher's Weekly and KirkusPeople Magazine and Glamour introduced it in "Best New Books," Good Morning America has it their list of "Must-Reads," and ETOnline called Lehr a "trailblazing woman...changing the world." Salma Hayek is developing A Boob's Life as a TV comedy series for HBO Max.


A prize-winning writer, Leslie's books include What a Mother Knows, Wife Goes on, and 66 Laps, winner of the Pirate's Alley Faulkner Prize. Her nonfiction includes Welcome to Club Mom, Club Grandma, excerpted on FisherPrice.com and Wendy Bellissimo: Nesting, featured on Oprah. 

Leslie's is also the novel consultant for Truby Writers Studio.

And most importantly Leslie is my friend.

Read an excerpt from A BOOB'S LIFE RIGHT HERE! (And thank you Leslie.)




No comments: