Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jessica Keener Wins a Prize

My friend Jessica Keener just won the Wilderness House Literary Review Chekhov Prize for
fiction for her story, Solo! ( from her novel, Night Swim-see a few blog posts below).  What is most remarkable is that she didn't enter anything. The editor picked her story as "arguably the best piece of short fiction published in Volume 3."


FANTASTIC!! CONGRATULATIONS (and I can attest from reading the novel, that the story deserves this prize and more.)

2 comments:

Jessica Keener said...

Thank you, Caroline, for posting this. You have a huge heart. I was up at 3 a.m. this morning angsting over my writing, and then this email came in about the prize.

Jessica

Caroline said...

Ah, the writer's life--how well I know that 3 AM angst myself. It's just a wonderful thing, Jessica and I am so thrilled for you.