Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sayonara AOL

I think I have had it.  Jeff's AOL began sending all his new mail into his old mail so he is now off.  And I noticed that about half of the important mail I have been sending out--to agent, editor and to friends, including one long impassioned email to a friend who felt neglected--never got there. 

So I am now a gmail gal. (I have hotmail, too.) I'll gradually tell everyone and I'll still keep AOL to catch the ones that get away, but already I feel better.  There is no worse feeling than sending mail and wondering if it has been received or not.  (And usually it NOT.) Plus, I now get to have an official sounding email address with my name-- Isn't that spiffy?Easy to remember?  Theleav was given to me by my husband when AOL first began and email was brand, shiny new and everyone was making up names like goddessearth@aol.com or biglard@aol.com. 

Sigh, guess I am growing up.  (Well, not really. Just ask any of the people around me.)

5 comments:

Gina Sorell said...

Biglard...very funny!

You can keep TheLeav! Just have it be at gmail. Please, no goddessearth...or sapphiresunset...groan :)

Welcome to Gmail.

Cari said...

I just sent you an email on your hotmail account. Are you keeping that one?

Jeff Lyons said...

C:

So, I'm confused... do you have a new eamil? RU retiring TheLeav?

J

Caroline said...

I have my hotmail carleavitt@hotmail.com, which I am keeping, but I am phasing out AOL to gmail account I'll keep AOL open for a while until I stop getting emails from friends there, but yup, I have lost too many important pieces of mail to trust it any more!

Kass said...

How awful...Im thinking of witching myself.Happy Spring!