Thursday, July 30, 2020

On the nothing is Cancelled Virtual Video Tour, Kate McQuade talks about her extraordinary collection of stories: Tell Me Who We Were




I'm thrilled to host Kate McQuade here to talk about her collection of stories: Tell Me Who We Were. And I'm not the only one raving about this collection:

"These are stories of magical lyricism, contemporary in their exploration of the obsessions of girls and young women, mythic in their scope and mystery. Remarkable." -- Joyce Carol Oates


Kate McQuade is the author of the story collection Tell Me Who We Were (William Morrow/HarperCollins, 2019) and the novel Two Harbors (Harcourt, 2005). Her fiction and poetry have appeared in Black Warrior Review, Harvard Review, Memorious, Shenandoah, and Verse Daily, among other publications. Her nonfiction has appeared or is forthcoming in The Lily for Washington Post, LitHub, TIME Magazine, and American Literary Review, where she was named the winner of the 2019 ALR Essay Prize. Her honors include fellowships and scholarships from the MacDowell Colony, the Sewanee Writers’ Conference, the Ucross Foundation, the Vermont Studio Center, the Women’s International Study Center, and Yaddo. Born and raised in Minnesota, she holds degrees from Princeton University and the Bread Loaf School of English and teaches at Phillips Academy, Andover, where she lives on campus with her husband and three children.

2 comments:

ALCHEMIST said...

Dear Magian A'dah,
I don’t think you realize how much these emails helped me. You’ve help pull me through the hardest and most painful relationship of my life.
And I am so happy I did what you said because my ex wants me back now. I’m not so eager to jump back in to it after reading your insights about whether we really should be back together but he wants me again and I could not be more grateful for your help and support. Please keep sending them. You really are amazing! i highly recommend you contact he ( mag1an@protonmail . ch )
-Stephanie

Dora williams said...

congrats Having a successful ebook is a sure shot way to get a publisher. Start with getting 100+ reviews for your book using usbookreviews dot com At this level, your book will grab more eyeballs and get more sales. Then, try to get the attention of a literary agent. Having a proven book makes the process easier.