Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Nothing is Cancelled Book Tour presents PRETTY THINGS by Janelle Brown









What was haunting you so that you had to write this book?
The old stone mansion in my book -- an ancient estate on the shores of Lake Tahoe called Stonehaven -- quietly literally haunted my dreams as I started writing Pretty Things. My novel is about a young con artist and her boyfriend who move in to the guest house of Stonehaven, with nefarious plans for the heiress who is living alone in her family estate. Things go sideways, as they often do in Gothic novels that take place in remote, run-down mansions. I love books like that – slow burning suspense novels where the walls are closing in, and you don’t know who to trust – and this one festered inside me until I got it down on paper.

What other book out there do you want to shower with some love?
Sara Sligar has a smart, character-based suspense novel coming out April 28, called Take Me Apart from FSG. She’s a debut novelist and believe me, you will be hearing more from her in the future. Pick it up!

What indie bookstore should everyone order from and celebrate?
Skylight is my local bookstore in Silverlake, and has my heart. https://www.skylightbooks.com
Vroman’s in Pasadena is a phenomenal institution and one of the best bookstores I’ve ever visited. https://www.vromansbookstore.com 


No comments: