Sunday, November 8, 2015

First-grader Harper May talks about her dazzling debut novel, THE LONLY PRINCESS, comic books, cookies, and so much more



Harper hard at work
The dazzling young author with her daughter, Special baby
One of Harper's astonishing comic books
First Grader Harper's brilliant first novel, under her pen name



Harper candidly writes about feeling like mushy butter
In The Giant Bird, Harper makes herself a character!
Even a scrumptious breakfast can't keep the dedicated Harper from writing

What is more important than supporting dazzling new talent? Introducing Harper May, the daughter of acclaimed novelist and bon vivant Amy Shearn. Harper’s novel, The Lonly Princess is a thrilling edition to the literary scene. From the gorgeous cover (The princess is clearly not happy!) to the sublime writing inside, Harper shows she is a talent to be reckoned with. I can't wait to see what she will do, next! Thank you so much, Harper, for being so generous and so much fun to interview!

When did you start writing?

I started during kindergarten.


What is your writing day like? Do you have to have cookies before you write?

Well, I come home from work (aka school) and write.

P.S. I do have cookies!


The Lonly Princess is a masterwork, so I wanted to know how you came up with the idea?

To be honest, I don’t really know!


 The cover is gorgeous! How did you come up with the design?

I thought about how she would feel.


What's next for you?

Well, The Lonly Princess is still sort of being worked on,  but I’ll send you a new copy soon!

P.S. Lately I wrote a comic book called The Giant Bird.

No comments: