Monday, May 5, 2008

Buzz your book!

I'm a huge fan of M J Rose. She's a talented writer and a wonderful friend, but she also has this great biz, called AuthorBuzz.com which really helps writers get their book out there. It's four years old, and in the last two weeks alone, Author Buzz had four books on the bestseller list

Authorbuzz gets the news out to 350,000 plus readers, 10,000 librarians and 3,000 booksellers. What does 350,000 plus readers mean? Well librarians love AuthorBuzz so much they are putting the books on their own library websites increasing the weekly potential audience to millions, not just hundred of thousands. They also have blog ad campaignes which can reach millions. Plus, they are starting Blogathons to encourage bloggers to talk up a book. And of course they do creative brainstorming and campagins for radio, move theater and more.


It works brilliantly. Here's the email: Authorbuzzco@aol.com to talk about upcoming titles.

9 comments:

Clea Simon said...

I've already contacted MJ about using AuthorBuzz for my Feb. '09 book, "Probable Claws." MJ's so smart -- this is a treat I'm finally giving myself!

Jeff Lyons said...

Wow!!! what a great site and service. I'll tell you... new media is changing how we writers can talk to the world... the tyranny of the publishing house is weakening... a new day is dawning... I don't know how many revolutionary slogans I can come up with, but I think this is coo.

Oh yeah... power to the people.

J

Clea Simon said...

Considering my recent adventure, I'll stick with the all purpose: Too way pocky way, Jeff. I think that says it all.

Jeff Lyons said...

Clea:

Don't know that one... :)
J

Clea Simon said...

Mardi Gras Indian chant. As in "Iko Iko," Jeff.

Jeff Lyons said...

Clea:

I'm such a square... I have no idea what you're talking about. Hey, I don't get out much.

J

Clea Simon said...

Jeff - you do need to get out more! Check out my blog or just go direct to my favorite "tribe": http://www.wildmagnolias.com

Clea Simon said...

Sorry - wrong suffix

http://www.wildmagnolias.net

Jeff Lyons said...

Clea:

Cool... got it... very neat... should have known. Especially since I might be there in August doing a movie!

"Iko, Iko."

J :)