Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Best of Bellevue Literary Review


I am honored to announce that my story "Breathe", which won a literary prize, and which is also part of my just-finished novel Traveling Angels, is going to be part of The Best of Bellevue Literary Review, available now on Amazon.
I'm also honored, thrilled and exited to be reading from that piece at the AWP conference on Thursday, January 31. (Best of all, I get to read first, so I can relax sooner and enjoy the other readings instead of worrying.) So if anyone is going to be there, please come say hello to me. I'll be the one with the mop of hair wearing all black, except for my earrings which will probably be garish!

10 comments:

Jeff Lyons said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I could be there. I'd love to eat chocolate in the front row while you read. -- JL

M said...

I saw one of your books at the library the other day and I got so excited. I know her!! I was thinking to myself. Of course I don't, but I know your blog, so it was still exciting. Congratulations about the story, that's great news.

Caroline said...

Thank you both for responding so nicely. (You never know when someone is going to say, well maybe if you read better, I'd be there--) Jeff, you are a sweetie, and M, anytime you're in the area, call me up and meet me and we can go for cake!

By the way, I always get ridiculously excited when I see my books in the libraries, which are all writers best friends.

Clea Simon said...

Congratulations! That's so wonderful.

Susan said...

Yay! I am also in the Best of BLR! Yay I am coming to your panel at AWP!! YAY YAY YAY! (jumping up and down)

I will be on a panel Friday morning, Feb 1st, 10:30am. ("Writers Revealing Family")

Caroline said...

Susan, I am really really near sighted, so make sure to grab me, but I'll look for you. I can't wait to actually see you in person! And wonderful that you are on a panel AND part of BLR!

Gina Sorell said...

Congratulations!! Very exciting! Wish I could be there to cheer you on. And we must do something about those "garish" earrings...hmmm...still no mirror bits to be found...time for plan b!
Best,
Gina :-)

Leora Skolkin-Smith said...

Caroline, this is fabulous! Can't wait to get the Review! Big congrats!

Clea Simon said...

oh yes!! How do we get a copy? I can't be at the event but I definitely want to read it!

Clea Simon said...

silly me -- just clicked through to Amazon and ordered my copy. Will you sign next time I see you?

YAY!