Friday, August 3, 2012

The Is It Tomorrow book tour starts here..with Old Gringo boots




So is it wrong to want to marry a pair of boots? I first heard about Old Gringo artisan boots from writers Jo-Ann Mapson and Carolyn Turgeon. "They fit like slippers," Carolyn insisted. 

"You'll never take them off, " Jo-ann told me.

For my tour for Pictures of You, I wanted a talisman. Something to make me feel powerful and confidant and unique. Also, because I was wearing two different slinky black dresses all the time, I needed to stand out. So I got on ebay and found a pair of red cowboy boots and suddenly, the Red Cowboy Boot and Vintage Beaded Cardigan Tour was born! And those red boots? They made me feel powerful. They made me feel like I could conquer the world. And they began to get their own fans. When I was video-taped being interviewed with the amazing Anne Lamott as part of Algonquin Books Bookclub series, one of the first questions someone asked was, "Tell us about the red cowboy boots."

Now, I still love those red boots, but I wanted to step things up a bit. I fell wildly, truly, madly, deeply, passionately in love with these boots. I loved the whole Old Gringo story, the care they take with their boots, the way these boots are really like nothing you have ever seen or felt before. 

So, Is It Tomorrow is coming out in May, 2013. And I hope you'll come out for my Old Gringo boots and Isadora Duncan Long Scarf tour.

P.S. I still don't have any new dresses.



3 comments:

james claffey said...

great boots, a fine talisman!

Jo-Ann Mapson said...

Very happy for you. Old Gringos are truly special. Sell lots of books!

Beth Kephart said...

LOVE this.