Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wednesdazed



A little blasphemy in the morning after a sleepless night...This is what I tried at four in the morning to get back to sleep.
1. Reading. Didn't work, made me more involved.
2. Watching TV. Just got irritated and also was more awake.
3. Writing. Got more anxious because I still have no real idea where I am going with this novel.
4. Took a sleep vitamin a writing client gave me which almost always works and which I should have thought of first. Guess what. Didn't work this time.
5. I finally fell asleep around 5:30 and got up at 8 to see Max off to theater camp and say hello to Jeff and now I am at my desk and though my body is completely exhausted my mind is racing.

Sigh. Any hypnotists out there who can get me to sleep for a few hours?

By the way, this is the church sign link if you are so inclined to have some fun.

3 comments:

Gina Sorell said...

I having the complete opposite reaction! I am so stressed/irritated about being between projects and starting a new novel, that I am sleeping in every day and falling asleep for hours, when I lay down for a cat nap! It's ridiculous! I think I have decided to stop what little writing I started on the novel and just do more brainstorming on it. And I am going to switch gears and work on two screenplays that have been rattling around in my brain. That's how I deal with the stress...pick something really hard, that I have no idea how to do, and tackle it with gusto. At the very least, it should keep me awake. As for you... drinking at noon?
xo G

Caroline said...

God, Gina, you need to live next door to me so we can smooth each other out. We could go running together or at least walking and then over tea solve our novel problems. I still can't sleep and am going to go out and get some Tylenol PM, which my writer friend Clea Simon swears by.

Gina Sorell said...

Caroline this made me smile! Wow! Your timing is amazing! I am just back from a walk with my husband, where all I basically said for an hour and half was..."Why don't we live in N.Y. again? Why must we stay in L.A. again? When can we go to N.Y. again??" Then I grumbled some more about the industry in L.A. talked about my writing and tried to convince him again that we should move :)
Just think If I lived next door to you, that could be YOU that I'd be grumbling to! LOL. Oh it would be great. And there would be lots of walks and tea and chocolate...yes chocolate...to help us think.
x G :)
p.s. Gravol works too.