Ugh. It's 95 and the three h's-hot, hazy and humid. Tomorrow in the NYC area it's supposed to feel like 104. Every time I hear a newscaster bubble, "What a gorgeous day!" I want to scream because gorgeous, to me, is 65 degrees (70 is negotiable), blue skies and no sticky sunblock (being a reasonable facsimile of Caspar the friendly ghost by nature, I need a gallon of SPF 90000 not to burn--plus I like being pale!)
If anyone has the following or knows how to make any of this happen, please, I beg you, take action! The list is in no particular order. I'll also gladly accept anything not on the list, so please do send your creative suggestions, or your own list, to me:
1. a backyard swimming pool
2. a beach house right on the water (without sharks or jellyfish in the ocean, thank you.
3. personalized air conditioning that follows me where I go
4. sunblock that works and that isn't sticky and disgusting
5. mango ice pops
6. critically and commercial acclaimed new novel and a great time writing my new one
7. a movie deal for a film that really and truly gets made--and made brilliantly
8. Obama as president
9. the discovery of the theory of everything
10. proof of reincarnation
11. perfect health, money and joy for everyone I love
12. Love. of course. The be all and end all. Love.